- Do not comb or brush your hair
- Apply little bit of leave in conditioner into hair.
- Fingercomb and examine your strands.
- Most people have more than one curl type.
- Examine hair on top, sides, crown and nape.
- The dominate curl pattern is your curl type.
Are you type 4c?
If your coils are very small, like the spring in a ball point pen, you are 4C. You have low to no shine. Your hair is dense and can give the appearance of being wooley, coarse or kinky.
Curl type does not dictate what care products you use on your hair. Curl type only makes a difference in how you achieve a style and the final look of a style. A 4a wash and go will look slightly different than a 4c wash and go.
Check out my list of products that work great on 4C hair.