Friday, March 3, 2017
Apple cider vinegar for your hair
Organic apple cider vinegar, aka ACV, is an excellent health and beauty aide. Be sure to purchase organic. ACV is a very important item to always keep in stock.
1. Apple cider vinegar contains potassium. Potassium is great for preventing hair loss.
2. It is anti bacteria and anti fungal.It prevents fungus from taking residence on your scalp. It contains acetic acid, which kills off fungus and bacteria. Scalp fungus is a top cause of hair loss. You may or may not have symptoms. Read more about fungus HERE.
3. The low PH of ACV causes the hair cuticle to lay flatter. This enables the hair to retain moisture for longer periods. When the hair cuticle lays flat your hair will have more vibrancy and shine.
4. Because ACV makes the hair cuticle lay flatter, you will notice that detangling is a lot easier. You should also notice a reduction in single strand knots.
5. When the ACV hits the scalp it stimulate better blood circulation. This increases your hair growth.
HOW TO BENEFIT FROM ACV
Organic ACV rinse
Mix 1/4 cup of organic ACV with 2 cups of filtered water. This creates a final rinse to use on your hair. On shampoo day after you rinse out your deep conditioner, pour this rinse over your hair. Use it all and let it sit on hair 3 to 5 minutes. Rinse out with cool water. With soaking wet hair, apply your leave in conditioner.
Upgrade your shampoo
Add one tablespoon to 1/4 cup of your shampoo. The ACV lowers the PH of the shampoo and helps the shampoo to work better. With this combination you will notice an immediate difference in the vibrancy of your hair and less tangles.
Anti bacterial growth braid spray
1 tablespoon of organic ACV
7 ounces of water
1 tsp tea tree oil
1 tsp of lavender oil
Use as a braid spray, to keep bacteria from accumulating on your scalp when wearing braids.