CONDITIONING HAIR THE COILY QUEENS WAY
Every time you cleanse your hair you should condition your hair also. It does not always have to be deep conditioning. You can use a quick rinse out conditioner, if your hair is not chemically treated or damaged. If your hair is weak in anyway you need to deep condition your hair every time you cleanse it.
THE COILY QUEENS REGIMEN CONSISTS OF CLEANSING AND CONDITIONING TWICE A WEEK. THIS CREATES A HEALTHY SCALP SO YOUR HAIR CAN REACH ITS MAXIMUM MONTHLY GROWTH POTENTIAL.
If you are practicing the Coily Queens Regimen your cleansing and conditioning sessions should take no longer that 1.5 hours. Your hair should be easy to untangle, due to the oil therapy, if you have been on the regimen for at least 30 days.
A deep conditioner contains some ingredients which can penetrate a few layers below the hair cuticle. These types of conditioners give your strands moisture from the inside and do not only sit on top of your hair and get rinsed down the sink. The effects of deep conditioners last longer than regular conditioners. Most deep conditioners require heat to fully penetrate the hair shaft.
DEEP CONDITIONING YOUR HAIR:
1. Rinse your cleanser out with medium hot water.
2. Apply a generous amount of your deep conditioner to your hair.
Be sure to fully saturate every hair strand
3. Take a cloth and saturate it with hot water, remove some of the water but not all from the cloth.
4. Place cloth over hair and quickly cover hair with a plastic conditioning cap
5. *Sit under a hooded dryer for 10 to 20 minutes.
6. Rinse out conditioner with warm water.
7. Then allow cold water to run over your hair for 1-2 minutes
8. If applicable you do an apple cider vinegar rinse on this step, if not proceed to next step.
9. While hair is soaking wet apply leave in conditioner.
Towel blot only
10. Once you have blotted the excess water you may need to apply more leave in conditioner.
11. Proceed with other style products and styling.
|Silver conditioning caps for color|
*ALTERNATIVE TO USING A HOODED DRYER
1. Instead of a clear plastic conditioning cap, purchase the silver or gold plastic self heating caps.
2. Cover hair with a hot cloth
3. Put on your silver/gold conditioning cap
4. Cover head with a knit hat or towel
5. Walk around or do housework for 40 minutes. (these caps generate heat from your body, the more your move around the better)
6. Rinse with warm water to remove product.
7. Then rinse with cold water for 1 to 2 minutes.
PROCEED WITH YOUR LEAVE IN CONDITIONER AND OTHER PRODUCTS.
More help with special deep conditioning needs
DEEP CONDITIONING COLOR TREATED HAIR
DEEP CONDITIONING HAIR THAT IS BREAKING
CONDITIONERS COILY QUEEN APPROVED:
Shea Moisture Anti breakage masque
NubianHeritage growth strengthen treatment masque
As I AM hydration elation
Alikay Naturals Honey & Sage deep conditioner
Miss Vee's DIY deep conditioner (recipe up top)
|Alikay Naturals honey & sage deep conditioner, available at Target stores.|
What the different between deep conditioning and conditioning? do I need to buy bothReplyDelete
Only invest in a deep conditioner as described above in the article and a leave in conditioner and it will say leave in on the bottle.Delete
Your coconut creme conditioner is BOMB! I think it may finally be the perfect conditioner for our hair (myself and daughter) I've seen some recipes with plain yogurt? Can you explain if this helps or is an unnecessary step. I have seen fresh lemon juice added as well...same question?ReplyDelete
For sure leave the lemon juice out of this recipe. The lemon juice will lighten your hair easily. I do not work with the yogurt because I do find it unnecessary. Some people will use yogurt as a type of protein strengthener in their conditioner. However the protein in the yogurt does not stick to the hair. So you are wasting a good product on your hair. You do receive awesome benefits from eating the yogurt instead. Because you will gain the protein, the same with eggs.Delete
when you say use a cloth? what sort of material do you mean? and does the cloth stay on the head, so that you put plastic cap on top?ReplyDelete